An important announcement from Red Rooster:
It is with a very heavy heart that we must unfortunately announce that Red Rooster will not be proceeding on 4th-6th September. From the 11th July, the UK government gave the green light for outdoor events to proceed. Although many organisers thought that the 24 hours’ notice of being able to proceed was not enough warning, our team at Red Rooster stood up and declared we would be going ahead. Red Rooster already had a license and we knew that with a little blood, sweat, and tears, we could pull everything together and get the show on the road.
A few days after announcing Red Rooster’s go ahead, the Government transferred powers to local authorities, giving them the powers relating to events. Rather than admit defeat, we prepared in record time over 300 pages of documentation and COVID-19 specific risk assessments, as well as clear guidelines for you guys on how we will look to keep you safe, of which we have already shared with you. We pulled together a whole new production and rebooked all of the lineup which we were due to release later today. We submitted all of our documentation and health and safety measures, and although we are extremely appreciative that West Suffolk Council and the emergency services all wanted to support Red Rooster proceeding in September, Public Health England have failed to engage with us and they have failed to reach out to discuss our plans. Public Health is a vital part of the process of getting the green light, and we would not proceed without us being 100% certain of all our measures and that we had their approval. We are immensely disappointed in them failing to engage with us.
We wanted to be a shining beacon for others on how we can get our industry back on the road, and we fought all we could to try and make this happen. We are immensely sad that although we understand we were seeking answers within a tight period of time, we couldn’t have everyone see just how important our endeavour to proceed with Red Rooster was.
The postponement of September 2020 has significantly increased our costs on what was already a very financially challenging year. If you can roll over your ticket to next year it will be a huge support to the festival and greatly appreciated. All tickets will be automatically reissued for 3rd-5th June 2021.
We look forward to welcoming you to Euston Hall in June next year for an epic party!
Love & Respect ,